Account Manager/Marketing Coach Responsibilities
Mission – provide a unique experience and personalized treatment plan for each and every client.
The Account Manager takes the client to the next level of success through marketing techniques and strategies. I know most companies are concerned about the cost of non-billable hours. This solution provides a platform to price the Account Manager/Marketing Coach as part of package.
- Incorporate Account Management hours in your package pricing – as Client’s <your industry> Coach
- Meet and maintain client relationship
- Keep focus on Up-Sale opportunities (Sales folks don’t have time to keep a lookout for up-sale opportunities on current clients – and it’s not the production team to keep a lookout for up-sale opportunities).
- Keep eye on original constract/featured Items
- If feature creep – use opportunity to up-sale
- Continually review Change Requests to validate in original SOW
- If not – price the change request
- Weekly meeting with client on account progress
- Understand the social media, website hits, brand monitoring and various other reports per client. Be able to explain the metrics, what they mean to the clients’ business and what the data suggests the next steps should be.
- Continually remind clients that they need to go through account manager for requests (even if they think the request is included in the original contract)
- Continually be the liaison between Sales/Production Team/Client
- If the Account Manager becomes valuable to the client (understands, explains, and guides toward next steps- the client will want to work through the account manager and not around them).
- Monthly meeting with client to review up-sale opportunities
- Determine how long a client should stay at “base/platinum” level before moving to next level
- Help guide “qualified clients” to their next level of growth with possible discount or “free month” at next level
- Use the data gathered in the past weeks/months to help determine the next steps
- Revisit Referral opportunities every month in the monthly meeting
- Who does client want to do business with in the future to get them to their next level
- Who can client refer to your company (who do they know that could use your services)
- What type of industry does client want to be associated with (via cross-promotions, at events, shared interview/tv/radio spots etc)
- Meet weekly with other Account Managers for synergy
- Which clients that are complementary and can benefit from cross-promotions
- Which clients would benefit in being introduced to each other
- Any common tasks that can be combined for efficiency
- Any solutions that can be shared – based on common issues
- Maintain and continually promoting the client working relationship
- Regularly send Anniversary, Birthday, Sympathy, holiday and gratitude notes/calls
- Use CRM in Ravetree to track Account Manager’s workflow and client relationships
- Sales team probably use a CRM, but recommend Account Managers use the same project management tool as the production team does.
I know your unique situation is different. If interested, please setup a complimentary one-on-one discovery call, so that I can learn more about your circumstances and supply a more customized recommendation.
For additional information on this topic, please contact LauraRose@RoseCoaching.info
I am a business coach and this is what I do professionally. It’s easy to sign up for a complementary one-on-one coaching call, just use this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/WFSFQ